Senior Frontend Software Engineer (Remote, React, React Native)
Knack is the leading student success platform, transforming tutoring to prepare students for success in the classroom and 21st-century workplace. In partnership with colleges and universities across the country, Knack delivers affordable and impactful peer tutoring programs that ensure all students have access to the academic support they need to succeed.
We are seeking a full-time, Senior Frontend Software Engineer who will work across on our React and React Native frontend applications.
What you get...
- Competitive salary & vested stock options (equity ownership)
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401K, and wellness stipend
- Flexible time off
- Work from home flexibility and monthly stipend. Knack is a fully remote company.
- Company-sponsored technology and equipment
- Company events and outings
- Autonomy, ownership, and the chance to grow alongside a phenomenal and passionate team every day
What you get to do...
- Work across a large monorepo which is home to our web, iOS, Android and administrative dashboard applications
- Work with our Product team to design new features and plan implementation
- Research and find solutions for challenging problems
- Ship features and enhancements every 3 weeks with planned release cycles
This may be for you if...
- You are located in the United States (required)
- You have 4+ years working extensively in React or React Native
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to lead others
- You are experienced with system and business process design
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Here are some technologies in our stack (experience in all of these is not required)...
- React Native
- Test automation frameworks like Cypress, Playwright, Detox, etc.
- Experience with using Fastlane for mobile app automation
- AWS services such as ECS, CloudFront
- Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience with cross-platform UI components
- iOS and Android native development
Knack Technologies, Inc. launched in 2016 at the University of Florida by a founding team who came together to build peer-to-peer communities that would be more enjoyable, relevant, and effective than traditional learning environments.
Today, we enable college students to connect with each other for in-person and online tutoring by offering an award-winning peer tutoring platform with web and mobile applications that are equal parts functional and aesthetic. We partner with some of the largest universities in the U.S., serving thousands of students, tutors, and college administrators every single day.
Knack is a fully remote company as of September 2021 (read more about the decision here!). We’re proud to be backed backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Jeff Vinik (Owner, Tampa Bay Lightning), Precursor Ventures, Bellini Capital Partners, Bisk Education Ventures, Elysium Venture Capital, Arizona State University Enterprise Partners, TiE Tampa Bay Angel Fund, and Alex Sink (Former CFO, State of Florida).
We’ve been featured on Inc.com, Forbes, TechCrunch, EdSurge, ELearning Inside, Entrepreneur.com, USA Today, and many other well-known publications/media outlets. Our team has won numerous awards including the 2019 Lumina Foundation’s Education Innovation Prize, UF’s Big Idea Business Plan Competition, Village Capital’s 2018 Education Program, the 2015 Thiel Summit Pitch Competition, and the 2017 1776 Challenge Cup.