Associate Fund Accountant 1 (New Grad)
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
We are hiring for our Emerging Talent Program across our Fund Accounting and Investor Services teams! This program is tailored towards recent college graduates in areas such as Business, Communications, and Languages. These are full-time opportunities targeting a start date of July 17th, 2023. If you are interested, please apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced start-up environment to help build out Juniper Square’s Fund Administration service offering. Juniper Square is on a mission to transform the Fund Administration offering to Private Markets. We are more than a Fund Administrator, we are a Modern Fund Administrator. As an Associate Fund Accountant I, you will partner with other members of the fund accounting team and cross functional teams within Juniper Square to deliver best in class Fund Administration services. As an early joiner you will have a significant opportunity to shape the trajectory of our service offering and in so doing help to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
We are a team of values based self-starters with a curious mindset and the motivation to use technology to our advantage so that we are continually iterating and improving on the status quo. This is an opportunity to couple prior education and experience and to learn from some of the best talent in Private Markets.
What you’ll do
- Perform accounting and analytical reporting duties within a team environment to ensure client and investor deliverables are prepared and completed timely and accurately
- Assist with preparing fund financial statement supporting schedules
- Participate in team discussions on fund accounting process improvements
- Reconcile reports from different systems for consistency
- Prepare work papers and complete associated checklists
- Assist with annual audits, including preparation of related schedules
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree by June 2023
- Preferred programs of study include accounting, business, finance or economics with a strong academic foundation in financial accounting
- Interest in an accounting role
- Deadline oriented and completes assigned work within a team setting
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Passion for financial markets and a desire to use technology to improve business operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $55,000 - $60,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend
Something looks off?