Staff Software Engineer, Back End (GPX - Customer Interactions)
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
Our newest team is being built from the ground up, taking on responsibilities focused on customer interactions for our GP clients. This team is built from a business growth need, and will be an exciting opportunity to help lead and shape the team.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Juniper Square, you will be primarily a technical leader, identifying and acting on opportunities to increase the efficiency, stability and consistency of the engineering team. Other responsibilities could include leading an engineering team and collaborating closely with product, design, and QA teams to build and deliver delightful user experiences, making complex workflows simple and intuitive.
You will be leading efforts to instill and iterate on engineering best practices, ensuring a healthy codebase, ultimately leveling up the team.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide full stack focused technical leadership, leveling up existing team members and helping build high-performance teams
- Position our entire software stack - both application and DevOps related - for success as we transition from a startup to an large organization
- Be instrumental in the transition from our monolith into Service Oriented Architecture
- Actively seek opportunities to improve our platform and developer experience and own those initiatives through execution
- Implement and ensure best practices across the teams to maximize developer productivity
- Own the long-term vision of key focus areas such as Juniper Square’s design system, GraphQL schema design, build-and-deploy process, and code quality initiatives including Typescript and test coverage
- Contribute directly to efforts through building features and frameworks, conducting code reviews, participating in architecture and system design discussions
- Actively monitoring and addressing production issues
- Write high-quality code that is well-tested, secure, and maintainable
- Lead the development of complex workflows, working with both frontend and backend engineers
- Mentor other engineers and designers across the company on best practices for full stack development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience working with modern web application frameworks (preferably React)
- Expertise in Python (or other server-side web application development languages)
- Solid understanding of server-side MVC frameworks (like Django, Rails, Pyramid etc.)
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization is a plus
- Experience operating Linux clusters (Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $151,200 - $252,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup
Something looks off?