Director, Fund Accounting
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
This is a great opportunity to join a growing initiative as we continue to evolve and scale Juniper Square’s fund administration service, filling a substantial market gap in the fund administration space. The service has had a huge impact across the business as it relates to workflow automation, leveraging technology to deliver up to par customer experience, and enabling GP's to strengthen relationships with LP's. As a Director, Fund Accounting, you will be responsible for building and leading our Emerging Talent Program in fund administration and oversee deliverables focusing on fund administration services. This role will report to a Senior Director, Fund Accounting. You will have a significant opportunity to help shape the trajectory of the function and in so doing help to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Team leadership and management:
- Responsible for staffing and capacity management, including working with the leadership team to forecast hiring needs
- Hire, onboard and train a team of Associate Fund Accountants on general fund accounting and internal procedures and guiding the team through the proficiency certification process.
- Oversee the hiring process for fund accounting managers and individual contributors
- Conduct formal performance reviews and provide coaching and feedback to direct reports throughout the year
- Responsible for ensuring team satisfaction as assessed by our bi-annual employee engagement survey; design and execute on initiatives to improve team satisfaction following each survey
- Partner with the enablement team to enhance the training process and learning content
- Client service and fund accounting delivery:
- Responsible for fund administration service delivery, including assessing customer health, ensuring that deliverables are presented accurately and on time and that the team is conducting activities within our defined scope of work
- Serve as internal escalation point for challenging customer situations and complex accounting questions from the team
- Identify and execute on initiatives to improve team efficiency and productivity, including collaborating with our Product Team on technology and automation improvements
- Maintain strong controls around deliverables and identify how our controls should evolve as the team scales
- Oversee the year-end audit process
- Identify out-of-scope requests from clients and collaborate with Marketing, Product and Investor Services to scope new service offerings
- 10+ years of fund accounting experience in private equity, venture capital, real estate, and/or hedge funds. Experience working at a fund administrator is required.
- 5+ years of experience hiring, managing and developing a team of fund accountants. Some experience managing a team of entry level fund accountants is a plus.
- Passion to develop and train entry level talent and providing coaching to ensure they are successful in their role
- Possess strong client and relationship management skills to drive outcomes and meet customer needs
- Operational mindset with a strong focus on building repeatable, scalable processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled at building relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity; self-starter and entrepreneurial; inclusive attitude
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, bonus, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary for this role is $180,000-200,000. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. We are actively hiring for this role in Canada, and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend
Something looks off?