Director of Customer Support
Healthie offers infrastructure for next generation digital health organizations that provide virtual-first care. Our API-first and fully brandable suite of solutions - scheduling software, EMR, coaching tools, and client engagement - enables healthcare builders and providers to launch and scale best-in-class experiences for their members. Our customers include prominent digital health companies that have raised $2B+ in venture capital and range from 5-person startups to multi-billion-dollar companies. In partnership with Healthie, they care for patients across the full spectrum — from preventative health & wellness to complex chronic care management, for millions of patients. Learn more about Healthie at: https://gethealthie.com
As the Director of Customer Support, you’ll lead our amazing Support team in helping our organizations and providers use Healthie. Your team will be responsible, at the top of the support funnel, for all inbound customer questions and tickets. You will serve as a primary customer advocate to Healthie's Product and other Customer Experience teams.
Our ideal hire believes in the value of delivering an exceptional customer support experience, and is obsessed with thinking about improving processes and operations to reduce resolution time and increase customer happiness. The Customer Support team is first in line to help current and prospective customers, so your ability to understand and teach others about the product and support best practices will be valuable. You will become an expert in all areas of the product and help our team troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, provide feedback to FAQ articles, and escalate inquiries to our technical support engineers accordingly.
This is a full-time position
Location: Remote, strong preference in New York
Must reside in the U.S. & possess U.S. work authorization
- Lead the Customer Support experience
- Draft and Report quarterly OKRs
- Manage support team KPIs
- Lead a team of 7 current support specialists, with plans to hire more
- Run weekly 1:1 meetings with all support team members
- Build playbooks that enable team members to collaborate and execute effectively
- Participate in managing customer escalations, and engage with them to triage their tickets
- Forecast hiring needs and recruit members who are focused on delivering world class customer support
- Develop and nurture your team’s skills and experience
- Create, update, or review internal and external-facing documentation
- Foster an environment that maintains good ticket performance and customer satisfaction
- Improve the customer experience in measurable and repeatable ways
- Maintain team shifts for appropriate customer coverage
- 4+ years of experience leading and scaling Customer Support teams at a hyper-growth technical startup (SaaS preferred)
- 8+ years of experience providing customer support for technical startups
- Proficiency with ticket management systems and tools, ideally Help Scout or Zendesk
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity while creating structure and processes for sustainable growth
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill level
- Experience leading remote teams across different time zones, with a focus on employee development and achievement of desired results
- You are a highly empathetic leader with experience managing a diverse team of specialists. You support your team’s growth and development.
- You have a positive attitude, and you take proactive initiative and ownership to see things through
- You care about people - your colleagues, our customers, and everyone around you.
- You see patterns and take initiative to bring work to completion. For example, if a customer inquires about an issue, in addition to answering the question, you share feedback with our product team, update our FAQ guide, and take other relevant action
- Your former colleagues would say that you are trustworthy, authentic, and honest
- You are an incredible communicator, written and spoken
- You are an effective listener & collaborator. You value and support thoughts and ideas presented by your team members.
- You're a problem solver who can dig deep, but know how and when to ask for help
- You are passionate about Support and why it's an integral part of company success
The salary for this role is $130,000-$160,000 per year, DOE.
Healthie offers a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including learning & development stipends, nutritional coaching, fitness membership budget, co-working subscriptions, a laptop plus equipment stipend, and Summer Fridays.
Healthie participates in e-verify
1)Introductory Interview: 30 minutes, Director of Talent
2) Behavioral Interview: 30 minutes, Chief of Staff
3) Panel Interview: 30 minutes, CSS team members
4) Executive Interviews: 20 minutes each, COO + CEO
Healthie is committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. We're proud to be building a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and growth. Whatever your background, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.