Credit Analyst (Group Lending)
We are an early-stage fintech that focuses on bringing affordable credit and financial services to small business owners across LatAm - starting with Mexico.
More specifically, the vast majority of businesses in LatAm are micro-PYMEs that lack access to affordable credit.
We’re launching a credit card and related line of credit product specifically built for the needs of micro-PYMEs - including credit limits and rates that adjust over time as customers successfully repay.
Beyond individual credit, we also offer group credit products. An important part of your job will be to help analyze and approve credit for groups that apply.
We are backed by top venture investors across the US and Mexico, and our co-founding team has spent their careers working in fintech and entrepreneurship.
We are looking for a hard-working and highly entrepreneurial credit analyst to join our team to build and refine our initial credit underwriting approach.
An important aspect of your job will also be analyzing and approving applications for group credit, as well as working with our team to increasingly automate the underwriting process over time.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Build and refine our initial credit model
- Continuously improve and refine models focused on loss rates and profitability
- Interview and make credit decisions for group loans
- Work closely with the CEO and MX country manager to apply modeling and data science to other aspects of our business
- Help with broader financial modeling across the company
Our ideal candidate has:
- A stellar track record across least 3 years of credit analysis (ideally 5+)
- Deep familiarity with underwriting credit risk in Mexico - ideally for micro-PYMEs or lower income individuals
- Ideally have experience working with group lending products or micro-credit products (similar to Compartamos)
- Strong financial modeling and analysis experience
- Ideally some experience in data science and machine learning, or experience working closely with data science teams
- Fluent in business English & Spanish
- Previous work experience at a startup or other fast moving, highly entrepreneurial work environment
In addition to working at an early stage fast moving startup - you will qualify for equity (stock option grants), competitive compensation and any bonuses, paid time off and holidays.
Learn moreLearn more at www.grupago.mx or email us with questions at