Senior Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About this role:
We’re looking for a manager of public relations and communications to own PR initiatives that broaden awareness of Finix and highlight how our technology helps customers create the most accessible financial services ecosystem in history.
The ideal candidate will be media savvy, have strong writing skills and a keen ear for interesting narratives, and be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
This hybrid role entails working in the office 4 days per week in our San Francisco HQ.
- Media Relations: Execute all aspects of media relations, including proactive outreach, developing relationships to secure coverage, and managing incoming inquiries.
- News and launches: Holistically manage news announcements, including developing blog posts + press releases, working closely with internal stakeholders to articulate messaging, identifying media assets, and securing all necessary internal approvals.
- Story discovery: Identify potential story angles (customers, product news, trends) and see ideas through to content creation and coverage.
- Thought leadership: Demonstrate command of bylines – sourcing ideas from subject matter experts and either crafting the article or working with writers to develop and edit, and then place in earned media.
- Speaking engagements: Manage Finix’s holistic speaker calendar across functions to ensure that we are speaking at the right places and at the right time. You will help identify the appropriate spokesperson and help them prepare.
- Analyst Relations: Work with the product and product marketing teams to regularly brief top-tier analysts so they’re up to date on Finix’s technology
- Communications Counsel: Provide communications counsel to executives, department leads, and marketing partners
- Social Media: Experience drafting communications for executive social media, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter.
- You are creative, hardworking, and flexible—able to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment. You’re used to working with technical teams and are able to break down complex technologies and distill them into high-impact PR campaigns and coverage.
- You are comfortable building relationships with customers, industry networks, and partners and proactively identifying opportunities to partner on external stories and events.
- You are at home on a marketing team where external comms/PR is a key ingredient in our brand, awareness, and messaging strategy
- You are passionate about purpose and have experience contributing to environmental, social, and governance programs
- In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong relationships with a range of cross-functional leaders and will work closely with our executives to craft bylines, press releases, speaking submissions, and media material.
- 7-10 years of B2B technology PR experience—prefer a combination of PR agency and in-house experience.
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans in collaboration with different functions
- Extensive experience working with media to achieve earned coverage goals
- Capable of juggling multiple projects independently and determining priorities with little oversight from management
- Unwaveringly excellent written and oral communication skills
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Resourceful and able to solve problems creatively
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Senior Public Relations & Communications Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $160,000/yr - $190,000/yr + Equity + Benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.