Director of Software Development
Fifty Five Financial
Fifty Five Financial is using proven AI algorithms to tackle inefficient markets, create cost advantages versus competitors, and pass those cost savings on to consumers. We act as a buying service, scouring dealer only auto auctions to provide a perfectly matched, less expensive vehicle delivered directly to consumers. Beyond consumers, we also profitably sell back to the wholesale auto auctions, which is important because that means we can scale at the speed of our capital and operational capabilities, not just our ability to attract and retain consumers.
Capital is not a constraint. We just raised $28 million in equity and debt.
People are our constraint. We are 7 people. This is your moment to be the technical lead of a high growth start up. We need your help to grow to $500 million in sales in the next 18 months. Not hyperbole. Remember, not constrained by capital or customer acquisition cost. Just operations.
What we need from you:
Your core responsibilities lay in improving and advancing our existing system and managing and expanding our technical team. In detail this means:
• Bring our tech platform to the next stage with robust technical decisions, building on existing efforts
• Contribute not just as a leader but as a developer
• Collaborate closely with internal customers to understand their needs
• Help re-craft consumer facing experience, iterating quickly as new learnings are incorporated
• Assist in Dev Ops
• Support the dev team to reach the next level of product and productivity, after all, they built everything that allowed us to raise money to date.
• Lead and support a growing number of tech employees
• Grow the dev team through specifying, sourcing, evaluating, and recruiting new hires
This is you:
You’re a passionate startup team player that respects and appreciates the perspectives of your team players. You know how startups work because you’ve done it before and you know how to support your team. You are able to:
• Be flexible. Startups move fast and require utility infielders not just subject matter experts
• Tolerate ambiguity and strive to disambiguate. We are discovering and implementing requirements in real time.
• Master challenges with your creative approach
• Capture details and document your work
• Base your gut feelings and decisions on metrics
• Identify, recruit, and retain talent
• Play well with others with limited political overhead. We’re too busy for that.
• Provide feedback to your team to enable each team member to their best performance
• “Roll up your sleeves”
This is your background:
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer
• Experience recruiting and leading an engineering team
• Experience in the full software development cycle
• You know C#
• You know at least one frontend ecosystem (We are Angular, could be React)
• You know exactly how to produce high quality software through design & testing
• You speak English fluently. We are from all over – Turkey, India, Russia, Missouri, and it’s our common tongue.
This is our current tech:
• Bare metal servers
• Os: Windows, Linux, VmWare
• Services: Docker
• Message Broker: Rabbit Mq
• Frameworks: .Net Core, Chromium Embedded Framework
• Libraries: Angular, React, CefSharp
• Databases: Mssql, Postgresql (eventually), Redis