Dorsal Health is reshaping healthcare to free 50 million Americans from chronic pain and musculoskeletal conditions such as spine pain, arthritis, workplace injuries, and opioid addiction. Our end-to-end clinical care model combines technology with a human touch to provide members with on-demand access to elite specialists, empathetic care teams, and personalized treatment programs. We’re backed by top Silicon Valley venture capitalists and founders of the fastest-growing digital health startups.
About the role:
As an early member of our design team, you’ll partner closely with a world-class group of doctors, engineers, operators, and founders to create products that deliver radically better clinical outcomes at significantly lower costs. You’ll be responsible for our full-cycle product design process and help move metrics that matter to the company. You’ll sometimes work on broadly defined, loose concepts and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables. You’re autonomous and self-driven but can function effectively in a highly collaborative setting. In your first few months, you may find yourself contributing to:
- Thoughtful virtual care experiences such as video visits, 24/7 live messaging, provider matching, and appointment scheduling
- Intelligent tooling and electronic health record systems to improve the efficacy of our in-house clinical staff
- Connected wearable devices that monitor and reduce workplace injury risk
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create and validate design concepts through sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design an intuitive and easy-to-use suite of digital products that delight members across our web, iOS, Android, and wearable device ecosystems
- Perform user research to gain deep insight into our members’ motivations, goals, pain points, behaviors, and day-to-day realities
- Participate in design reviews and present work regularly in stakeholder feedback meetings
- Help inform and improve design culture, systems, processes, and best practices
What you have:
- 2+ years of professional design experience with a focus on consumer-facing products
- Proficiency at creating pixel-perfect mockups of design concepts using Figma (or similar tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding portfolio projects showcasing a depth of knowledge in visual, interaction, and UI/UX design. The interview process will require you to share your design portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a similar field
Bonus points if you have:
- Strengths in illustration, iconography, animation, and/or typography
- A passion for solving meaningful problems in healthcare through technology
- Past entrepreneurial proof points (such as early-stage startup experience, building new products or teams at larger companies, exploring ideas or side projects, etc.)
What you’ll gain:
- Highly competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans
- Generous PTO policy and 10 paid national holidays
- Remote-friendly culture with local in-person office hubs and coworking
- Exciting career growth opportunities (including mentorship from leading entrepreneurs and product design advisors)
Dorsal Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Employer. We don’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?