Senior Software Engineer
In the next 10 years, 90% of legal services will be delivered online. What’s the obstacle? Coding the expertise of all the world’s lawyers.
Gavel is the no-code infrastructure enabling this legal revolution.
We are a small passionate team led by Dorna Moini (CEO) and Pierre Martin (CTO), on a mission to change the way legal services and technology work for all. Law firms, nonprofits and courts in 23 different countries use our platform as the infrastructure to make legal services more accessible, intuitive, modern and scalable.
We have paying customers and an active community of thousands of builders and legal experts with supportive feedback. Our recent round of seed funding, led by top tier venture capital and the founders of code.org, will help us scale our product and reach.
If you want to work with brilliant people on groundbreaking ideas, we want you to join our team! Check out a quick video of Dorna showing the product.
❤️ What You'll Do
- Collaborate with and guide a small agile team of experienced software engineers on software design and development best practices in a service-oriented environment.
- Partner across software, product, design and business teams to engineer and code the infrastructure which will accelerate adoption of online legal applications.
- Take the lead in shaping Gavel’s software architecture across the stack.
- Help define Gavel’s technical hiring strategy and mentor a team of talented engineers.
- Have the freedom and encouragement to create and innovate on behalf of our customers.
📄 What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience writing software professionally within service-oriented teams.
- Full stack experience. Experience working with frontend frameworks like React, VueJs or EmberJS; Experience with Node, Typescript, Python preferred; Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar data technology; Experience writing and maintaining tests.
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development / continuous integration / continuous deployment best practices using Docker.
- Experience with service development on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and ability to explain complex technical issues succinctly.
- Have a passion for building simple, elegant software solutions, and a track record of doing so.
🤚 The Benefits are Real
- Competitive compensation package (including salary and equity opportunity)
- Flexible PTO, sick leave, and company-wide holidays
- Professional development allowance (e.g., courses and certifications)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company 401(k) savings plan (non-matching)
To apply to this job, send your resume and a short message on why you're interested in the role to [email protected].
Gavel is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, free from discrimination or harassment, for all employees.