Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform, serving people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives. With Carrot, you can pursue your possible.
The Proposal Writer will lead the end-to-end proposal writing process across all business segments, from initial research and content gathering to final submission. They will write clear, concise, and persuasive content for proposals, focusing on the value proposition, benefits, and solutions our organization can offer. This includes customizing proposals to suit each client’s unique needs and preferences while maintaining brand consistency. They will own the language and maintenance of our internal content library, collaborating closely with SMEs throughout the organization to ensure alignment on solution enhancements, our value proposition strategies and more. The Proposal Writer is a mid-career professional with a background in sales or marketing; they are strategic, detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of the nuances of our product and service offering. This person will bring measurable growth to a fast growing, mission-driven organization, and will use their experience leveraging persuasive, engaging language to ensure the submission of compelling, credible proposals.
The proposal team implements and manages processes to ensure accurate, quality responses to RFPs, RFIs, vendor profile systems, and sales-related questionnaires. The team creates and maintains content for an internal knowledge base that houses data organized by the needs of each customer type, and ensures alignment across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, or related field
- 5+ years in a role with a primary or secondary focus on persuasive writing (e.g., creative writing, content writing, grant/proposal writing)
- 3-5 years experience in a marketing or sales environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented with excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous experience with a proposal management software preferred
- Experience in the healthcare benefits industry
- Self-Starter: The ideal candidate should have a proactive mindset and the ability to work independently. They should be motivated to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and propose innovative solutions.
- Initiative-Taker: We value individuals who are not just reactive but proactively identify areas where they can add value. The Proposal Writer should be willing to go the extra mile to research, brainstorm, and propose creative ideas to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our proposals.
- Adaptability: The Proposal Writer should thrive in a dynamic environment and be capable of adjusting their approach to meet evolving needs.
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The starting base salary for this position will range from $90,000-$115,000. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.