Manager, Phone Support (London)
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform for women, who are often at the center of fertility care decisions and consequences. Plus, Carrot serves people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives.
Carrot is seeking a Phone Support Manager, Care Navigation who will work as a mentor and coach Care Advocates, Phone Support team members. This person will be responsible for overseeing the day to day interactions that our Care Advocates have with our members. In addition, they will monitor volumes and performance, manage schedules, vacations, and other responsibilities across the team. The Manager, Care Advocated will also own operational excellence by coaching and mentoring the team to hold them accountable for individual KPIs.
This individual must be available to work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 8am-9pm local time.
The Member Success team is composed of compassionate individuals with experience in the healthcare industry who have completed foundational training in reproductive health in addition to ongoing learning in the topics of adoption, fertility treatment, fertility preservation, donor assisted reproduction, gestational carrier arrangements, LGBTQ+ care and more. The Care Navigation team supports all legal paths to parenthood and works with members living in the US and 50+ countries (and growing) around the world.
The Care Advocate team will be a new addition to the ongoing support that Carrot offers to its members. This will be a new rollout of phone support to help guide members throughout their individual journeys. The primary function of Care Advocate’s will be to assist Carrot’s members via inbound phone calls. Additional support may include but is not limited to answering member emails, assisting in processing member claims, and reaching out to members via outbound phone calls.
The role will work closely with the Vice President of Member Success and Director of Care Navigation to evaluate, test, and implement departmental and operational improvement strategies. In addition, you will partner with other teams within Member Success including Care Navigation, Payments, and Medical Experts to drive collaboration and continuity amongst teams
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare, insurance or related SAAS technology leading a high growth team dedicated to service.
- Requires extensive customer service experience (inclusive of phone and email support), people management, and organizational skills.
- Experience leading a high performing call center team
- Proven experience growing and scaling a large global team to offer omnichannel, multi-language, and multi-country support.
- Passion, experience, and/or genuine interest in the family-forming space.
- Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Proven performance management and development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change within the company/team.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process enhancements and efficiencies including performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness, and ability to create value.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, ability to manage multiple business areas and people.
- Interacts with peers and associates on business and technical issues.
- Ability to oversee or direct functions, delegate work, and effectively negotiate issues with leadership
- Fluent in the English language
- Experience in broader call center operational projects
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company, with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.