IT Specialist - University Support
At Campus, we're on a mission to optimize the world’s teaching and learning.
We’ve assembled a world-class team of engineers, designers, and pedagogists to build an accredited, high quality, affordable alternative to traditional community college.
First, we built Campuswire (https://campuswire.com/platform) -- Campuswire is a powerful teaching tool for large, online classes. It’s used in tens of thousands of classes on 300+ campuses across the country and world (think schools like UCLA, Penn, Oxford and NYU).
Now, we’re using it to further build Campus (https://campus.org). Campus will be a place where students can complete their first two years of college affordably (or tuition debt free) while taking classes with the best teaching faculty in the country. Some of our professors are from UCLA, Berkeley, Spelman, NYU, and Princeton. Our goal is to dramatically increase community college completion rates while increasing pay for talented instructors.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
All Campus classes will be live, synchronous, and hosted via the Campuswire platform. We are seeking an IT Specialist to support students and faculty remotely in resolving technology issues and troubleshooting internet connectivity issues. This position will respond to and resolve technology issues filed through our ticketing system as well as serve as an information resource for questions. The IT Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring that all newly enrolled students are prepared to learn technologically through facilitating 1:1 meetings and periodic office hours.
This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours per week with the potential to become a part or full time role. This position reports to the Director of Programs. This role can be a remote position based anywhere in the United States.
- Deliver support by responding to student and faculty tickets via our ticketing platform or via phone as needed and provide updates on the status and completion of the problem
- Respond to tickets and requests for assistance within 24 hours of receipt
- Manage and troubleshoot technology problems with students and elevate issues as needed
- Pay attention to student descriptions of their computer or network problems
- Ask student questions to properly diagnose the problem
- Walk student through the problem-solving process
- Associate Degree or 3 years of experience working in a Helpdesk or general IT experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of common OS environments; experience supporting Apple OS X, Microsoft Windows, and GSuite tools
- Experience delivering IT support remotely
- Ensure a customer-centered, efficient, and friendly support environment with attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and communicate effectively
- Dependable and reliable
- English language proficiency
- Job Type: Part-time
- Benefits: Not available
- Visa Sponsorship: Not available
Something looks off?