Here at Bytewax, we’re creating the next generation of stream processing frameworks. We are driven to bring a developer friendly experience to stream processing.
Bytewax is backed by leading early-stage VCs as well as angels from Heroku, GitHub, Redis, Shopify, and Microsoft. We operate 100% remotely with folks on 3 different continents. The team has experience building data and infrastructure tooling at Simple, Yelp, Chef, GitHub, and Heroku.
The Developer Advocate Role
We are looking for candidates who love collaboration with the open source community, and share our vision for accessible technology. Developer advocacy at Bytewax is focused on three areas. Community, Education and Product.
Community: We believe that great software is only as great as its community and we are aiming to build a thriving community that supports its users.
Education: One of the main priorities of developer advocacy at Bytewax is to educate users on how to build on top of streaming data.
Product: Bytewax developer advocates are Bytewax users and you will be a core part of bringing new ideas and helping define the product.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are interested in enabling the next generation of stream processing.
- You love creating powerful user experiences for other developers, whether they’re just getting started or have years of experience.
- You enjoy mentoring and collaboration, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of the team.
- You have experience with Python and streaming systems (Kafka, Redpanda etc.).
- You have experience working in an advocacy or evangelist role.
- You have experience generating content to enable developers (blog posts, video tutorials, etc.).
- You like attending conferences and get excited about the idea of driving a new demo or speaking about data related topics.
- You are a solid technical writer and would be comfortable contributing to our documentation.
Bytewax is a multinational, remote-first company. We encourage you to work where you can be at your best.
If you're interested in joining us, but your experience is different from what we’ve outlined above, we still encourage you to apply! We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and background complement one another, and we value and encourage having multiple perspectives.
Things you should know
We are a startup, but we want great people to work here without worrying about the basics.
✅ Medical insurance, dental, and vision
✅ Paid parental leave
✅ Unlimited vacation (we will require you to take vacation if you don't 🙂)
✅ Competitive salary + employee friendly stock options
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com.
- Include links to your work, your resume, or anything that best showcases the relevant things you've built and done.