Senior Software Engineer
Here at Bytewax, we’re creating the next generation of stream processing frameworks. We are driven to bring a developer friendly experience to stream processing.
Bytewax is backed by leading early-stage VCs as well as angels from Heroku, GitHub, Redis, Shopify, and Microsoft. We operate 100% remotely with folks on 3 different continents. The team has experience building data and infrastructure tooling at Simple, Yelp, Chef, GitHub, and Heroku.
The Senior Software Engineer Role
We are looking for candidates who love collaboration with the open source community, and share our vision for accessible technology. Your previous experience could be in building and deploying large stream processing frameworks like Flink and Spark, contributing to open source projects in the stream processing space, or a background in data.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are interested in creating the future of stream processing.
- You love creating powerful user experiences for other developers, whether they’re just getting started or have years of experience.
- You enjoy mentoring and collaboration, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of the team.
- You have experience with Python, and experience or interest in working with Rust.
Bytewax is a multinational, remote-first company. We encourage you to work where you can be at your best.
If you're interested in joining us, but your experience is different from what we’ve outlined above, we still encourage you to apply! We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and backgrounds complement one another, and we value and encourage having multiple perspectives.
Things you should know
We are a startup, but we want great people to work here without worrying about the basics.
✅ Medical insurance, dental, and vision
✅ Paid parental leave
✅ Unlimited vacation (we will require you to take vacation if you don't 🙂)
✅ Competitive salary + stock options
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include links to your work, your resume, or anything that best showcases the relevant things you've built and done.