BuildCasa is on a mission to build 100,000 homes in existing neighborhoods. We’re solving the housing crisis by leveraging new upzoning regulations to create new lots where people want to live. Homeowners receive six figures in cash in exchange for selling their extra lot space. We manage the entire subdivision process, including financing, surveying, entitlement, and lien release, then sell the lots to local builders who use our templatized designs to build single-family and duplex starter homes.
We have a world-class team with diverse skills in architecture, sales, public policy, marketing, and data science. The founders have scaled multiple mission-driven startups from zero to 9-figures in revenue. BuildCasa is backed by millions in pre-seed funding from top VCs and real estate investors.
We're seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Professional Land Surveyor to join our dynamic team. In this role, you'll play a critical part in our mission to alleviate the housing crisis by leading our land subdivision process. This position is ideal for a forward-thinking professional who brings experience and enthusiasm for utilizing technology to streamline surveying processes, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in land subdivision for new housing developments.
- Prepare plats and legal descriptions, tentative parcel maps, final maps, ALTA's, and lot line adjustments.
- Coordinate the fieldwork for boundary and topographic surveys, process fieldwork points and 3D data.
- Establish legal boundaries for property based on legal deeds and titles.
- Manage multiple surveying projects simultaneously, ensuring timely completion and high-quality results.
- Manage application process, deliverables, response to comments, and submission/recordation for residential lot subdivisions.
- Proactively identify technological solutions to enhance surveying efficiency and accuracy.
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in the State of California.
- Proficiency with field data collection tools, processing tools, and drafting software.
- Previous experience managing field surveyors and/or technicians.
- Previous experience with residential subdivision is preferred.
- Experience with Photogrammetry and LiDAR is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.