Staff Software Engineer
Brightflow AI ( https://brightflow.ai/) is making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level. Currently we are at Pre-A stage, there is still plenty of room to grow both for you and the company.
About the Role
You’ll be the go-to person on tough technical problems in the team. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Architect, design and implement data platform to enable and empower financial intelligence
- Solve performance, scalability problems as we grow our customer base
- Build MLOps into the platform for on-demand and incremental prediction model update
- Tackle the integration problems to piping in data from a growing number of e-commerce platforms and financial apps, services
- Work with product managers, financial experts to offer intuitive user experience, making financial insights more accessible, actionable to everyday business owner
- Help building the team, mentoring other members of the engineering team, extend your technical influence inside and outside of the engineering team.
Why you’ll love working here
First, a place for growth: given the volatility of the market, our tool is addressing the pain point of small business owners. We are positioned to grow. The team is currently small and expanding, you can be influential.
Secondly, great culture and great people: trust and psychological safety are high - you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work. Our culture fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable, strong finance experience (including Capital One, VC firms) and engineering backgrounds at multiple early-stage startups, and previous experience as founder and CEO of a YC startup.
What We’re Looking For
- Full stack tech lead with tracking record on building and delivering successful SaaS products. 7+ years of industry experience with 2-3+ years in a tech lead roles.
- Past experience of working on data pipeline is required.
- Proficient in software development on AWS or Heroku.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- High motivation and ability to tolerate ambiguity
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Experience on MLOps
- Experience building analytics tools
- Experience working in startups
- Experience in fintech
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Equity stake in the company.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- Remote team events and retreats at socially responsible distances (in the Bay Area, California, USA).
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments in challenging situations that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow AI, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals. If you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people, we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
About Brightflow AI
Brightflow AI is honored to be featured on the inaugural 2022 SMBTech 50 List recognizing "the growth and potential of startups that serve small and medium-sized businesses," as announced by GGV Capital, Crunchbase, and Nasdaq.
Even companies that are growing revenue, surpassing sales goals, and expanding rapidly may be at risk of their cash running out. That’s where we come in. Brightflow AI gives companies the data they need to make timely and data-driven decisions about cash flow, growth opportunities, inventory, and more. We serve as their finance team to enable their continued growth and allow them to remain focused on delighting their customers.
We’ve experienced firsthand the pain and difficulty in accessing good financial data–it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow AI. To date, we’ve raised capital, built the software, served our initial customer base, and begun iterating on every step of the process, from forecasting to financing. We’re proud to create solutions that help level the financial playing field for businesses of all sizes and financial situations.
Our team members have backgrounds that include previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), established tech companies, private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We live and work in a mix of countries and speak numerous languages; yet, we have a common interest in understanding our customers’ needs and delivering solutions that solve real problems.
We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in an inclusive, supportive culture. We encourage a growth mindset and foster transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy. Read more about our values at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values.
Salary: $152,000-$179,000 DOE. Range provided is for San Francisco, CA candidates. Salary ranges are geo-location dependent and may shift for candidates residing in other states and cities.