Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Brightflow AI simplifies finance for all by empowering businesses with financial insights that support effective cash management and equitable access to capital. Our software focuses on making cash management and forecasting accessible.
We have been working on this since Fall 2019 are growing and are well-funded. We need an exceptional product designer to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role
We are looking for an empathetic senior product designer who will bring energy and expertise and who enjoys playing in a variety of areas (as a startup everyone is still a bit of a generalist with the impact they have). You’ll be part of a team of experienced engineering and product professionals and will take ownership of your work at every stage from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Research, design, and prototype new user experiences in an iterative process
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams
- Distill and breakdown complex financial topics & analyses into understandable solutions
- Guide and advise fellow coworkers in the creative process to develop strong working relationships, solutions and feedback loops
- Experiment and design in an iterative approach while validating designs with customer feedback.
- Handle multiple high-priority design efforts simultaneously
- Lead and improve UX/UI best practices in the broader team
- Work closely with everyone in the company including the founders, designers, engineers and product to contribute to design and product strategy
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Strong data visualization/analysis experience
- A creative thinker with a vision
- Ability to break down complexity into design actions
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally
- High level of interest or experience in leading a design team in the future
An especially strong candidate will also have
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Studies in design or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience or interest in working at a startup
- Understanding of e-commerce or fintech businesses
- Experience working in CSS and front end development
- Demonstrated autonomy in their day-to-day work
- Can own product design process, from initial user research to prototyping,
- Experience as a product designer for a technology company
- Experience leading user research efforts for design
- Comfortable with modern design tools
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Challenging career opportunities that come from the high growth and fast-paced environment of early-stage startups
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy in a dynamic environment
- A culture that fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy
Our salary ranges are calculated by role, level and the market rate for a candidate’s geo-location. Your position within that range will be determined by your job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, and training/certifications. In addition to those factors, we also examine internal equity across the company, and title may be assessed one level lower or higher accordingly. After you join the company your performance, contributions, and results along with business and organizational needs will affect your base salary.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $135,000-$155,000 for a candidate located in the San Francisco Bay-Area. Candidates in other areas can expect local market-adjusted salaries which may be lower.
About Our Team
We’ve learned from firsthand experience that the most effective teams are composed of highly diverse individuals from all walks of life. It’s in those pivotal moments in challenging situations that we’ve been consistently surprised by the ingenuity and unexpected skills our teammates bring to the table. At Brightflow AI, we all play a key role and encourage crossover into all areas of the business that interest you. This is a set of values that lies at our very core as individuals. If you share the same desire for a warm, welcoming environment surrounded by awesome, talented people, we encourage you to apply! We’re constantly learning and doing what we can to support and assist each other in growing both personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin/ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability status, marital status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
About Brightflow AI
Brightflow AI is honored to be featured on the inaugural 2022 SMBTech 50 List recognizing "the growth and potential of startups that serve small and medium-sized businesses," as announced by GGV Capital, Crunchbase, and Nasdaq.
Even companies that are growing revenue, surpassing sales goals, and expanding rapidly may be at risk of their cash running out. That’s where we come in. Brightflow AI gives companies the data they need to make timely and data-driven decisions about cash flow, growth opportunities, inventory, and more. We serve as their finance team to enable their continued growth and allow them to remain focused on delighting their customers.
We’ve experienced firsthand the pain and difficulty in accessing good financial data–it’s this need that drove the creation of Brightflow AI. To date, we’ve raised capital, built the software, served our initial customer base, and begun iterating on every step of the process, from forecasting to financing. We’re proud to create solutions that help level the financial playing field for businesses of all sizes and financial situations.
Our team members have backgrounds that include previous VC-backed startups (as founders, managers, and first engineers), established tech companies, private-equity and venture finance, banking, and running our own software companies. We live and work in a mix of countries and speak numerous languages; yet, we have a common interest in understanding our customers’ needs and delivering solutions that solve real problems.
We provide a high degree of ownership and autonomy in an inclusive, supportive culture. We encourage a growth mindset and foster transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy. Read more about our values at https://bit.ly/brightflow-values, then join us in our mission to simplify our customers’ finances and help them succeed. Apply now.