Lead Product Designer
About the Role:
Timing: Immediate Start
Location: Remote, US or Canada
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer who will take pride in creating user-friendly and user-focused experiences in a hyper-growth environment. This role will help grow membership from tens of thousands to millions over the next five years through the product.
The Lead Product Designer will launch ideas from scratch. We want a scrappy zero-to-one operator who can think big but detail-orientated around the edges. The product designer should feel comfortable with rapid prototyping and have experience with running user interviews. A strong background in UX, both web and mobile, is a must. This person will also contribute meaningfully to developing processes and tools to empower our entire design team.
This role will work with Product, Engineering, other designers to craft designs that address issues and create a user-friendly experience. The design team will carry out the brand voice through its designs and take the initiative to address any gaps where their skills can improve a process.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Analytics and other teams to target problems & goals, create prototypes, and launch new product features.
- Understanding business needs and connecting them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings
- Define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for product
- Carry out the brand voice through designs and take the initiative to address any gaps where design skills can improve a process.
- Partner with engineering to understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs on your designs
- Craft your designs through every stage of the process: From exploratory concept through pixel-perfect, shipped UI
- 4+ years of experience in end-to-end product design at a tech, product-driven company
- Strong UX/UI/visual portfolio showcasing your craft with thoughtfulness, depth and clarity, and insights gained from testing and shipping
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of
- Creative Cloud
- User journey mapping
- Interaction design
- Native mobile and mobile optimization
Experience in cross-platform design (Web, iOS, emails, print)
Strong communication skills around explaining your product strategy, process, and decisions to cross-functional teams
Proactive personality to seek feedback and advice from others to help you produce your best work
Experience in B2B products with a product-led growth motion is a huge plus
A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proactive - Prevent problems and surface solutions before they impact the business.
- Independent - Be able to work on your own with little to no supervision.
- Passionate - Transform complex data into creative solutions.
- Team Player - Jump in wherever needed and collaborate cross-functionally with all teams.
- Fast-Paced - Work comfortably in a high growth environment with the capability to switch from strategy to execution without losing ground.
- Curious - Share your non-stop desire to continue learning.
- Best-in-Class - Grow with us and elevate our designs.