Bobbie is creating a parenting culture of confidence, not comparison. And it starts with how we choose to feed our babies. We crafted our European style infant formula with purposefully sourced, organic ingredients to give parents a product they are proud to feed their babies, direct to their doorstep. Bobbie is proud to be the only US formula that is designed to meet both FDA and EU standards.
Although 83% of parents turn to formula in the first year of their baby’s life, this is the silent majority that is often shamed for not being able to exclusively breastfeed. Co-founded by two moms and created by a team of mom scientists, nutritionists, pediatricians, and lactation consultants, the Bobbie team knows first hand that there is no one size fits all for feeding. With Bobbie, we hope you can Bottle Boldly.
Bobbie is looking for a controller to lead our accounting team with excellent leadership skills, sound business judgment, attention to detail, strong systems-building skills, and the ability to support rapid business growth. Reporting to the CFO, this role will oversee all accounting functions. The right person will be a finance leader, regularly interfacing cross functionally and ensuring financial accuracy, diligence and optimization.
What you will accomplish:
- Reporting to the CFO, this role oversees all accounting, financial reporting, inventory accounting, tax, internal control, accounts payable and receivables, billing & collections and payroll (in partnership with People team), the annual audit and tax processes.
- Partner with our manufacturing finance team on the monthly consolidations, and reconciliations of all intercompany accounts.
- Lead the monthly close process completing the process within 5-7 business days, timely and accurate .
- Continually drive improvements and provide leadership with operational and accounting insights.
- Support the FP&A team with analysis and transaction support, forecasting, and creation of the annual operating plan.
- Responsible for implementing accounting policies and practices, maintaining sound fiscal records, preparing internal financial reports and analysis, and developing new accounting systems as needed, with strong internal controls at the foundation of all we do.
- Develop and mentor the accounting team with a focus on a service-oriented culture and operational excellence, while managing our outsources processes.
- Determine and communicate accounting implications for all material business decisions in a proactive and timely fashion.
- Implement, monitor and improve internal controls and safeguards. Partner with Bobbie’s external and internal partners to develop and implement best-in-class business controls commensurate with the company’s growth stage.
- Support tax compliance. Working with partners to understand and communicate federal, state, and international tax implications to crucial business decisions.
What we would like you to have:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance and a CPA; masters degree is a plus
- Minimum of 8+ years in progressive accounting experience with strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage at all levels
- Transparent and inclusive leadership style
- An innate desire to pursue excellence and instill a culture of high standards in the accounting function. You are highly accountable and strive to improve.
- Strategic & analytical. You determine opportunities and threats through deep inquisitiveness and rigorous data analytics.
- Collaborative. You are passionate about creating a service-oriented team culture. You care about the accuracy and speed of your team’s work output and the user experience of every stakeholder involved.
- Proven experience assessing, developing, and implementing systems and internal controls.
- Deep subject matter expertise in accounting and controllership best practices.
- Comfort with modern communication and project management platforms such as Slack, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office 365 tools.
You’re inspired by our core values:
- Be Radical - We are change makers, rule breakers and stigma shakers. We are unapologetically bold and use our megaphone for good.
- Nurture the Tension - Parenthood is full of healthy tension, and so is building a company. We embrace the unknowns, practice humility and are a culture of learners.
- Deliver Ounce by Ounce - Our customers have entrusted us to feed their babies. We lose sleep over the details, so they don’t have to.
- Don’t Assume - We embrace our unique perspectives, withhold judgment, and find beauty in the paths that brought us all to Bobbie. Our strength is celebrating each other and our collective voice.
- Employee medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered by Bobbie, with options to add dependents through a subsidized pre-tax deduction
- 401k with match
- Stock options
- US-based remote work model
- Flexible Time Off Policy (including Summer Fridays; half days on Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- 16 paid company holidays, plus an end of year holiday shut down
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave with the option to take an additional 8 months unpaid
- $75 monthly internet stipend
- One year subscription to Bobbie or Baby's Only
- Co-working space reimbursement