Venture | Engineering Lead
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Engineering Lead to join our core team. At AngelList, engineering teams are explicitly small, and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low overhead. It's not a fit for everyone, but when there's a fit, it’s one of the most rewarding places to work.
As an Engineering Lead, you will be building & managing one of these small teams to own a core part of our product stack. In addition, you'll also be driving core technical decisions, influencing product strategy, and directly making contributions into the codebase.
- Help build the world's easiest-to-use financial platform (see https://t.co/7AmuxYWHe3 – and we've made it easier since then).
- Learn the venture financing business inside and out - from the ground up.
- Attract, develop, and maintain an extremely high level of talent density for your team.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered with a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- Drive key technical decisions for the organization. Ship every day.
- 5 years of prior experience writing production code at scale, especially if it's in Ruby or React.
- 2 years of experience managing or leading engineering teams.
- Excellent written communication skills — we have a strong writing culture.
- A desire to move fast, prioritize, and constantly make critical decisions with a high level of ambiguity.
- A self-starter mentality; you have started something on your own before — a startup, an open-source project, something else.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.