Belltower Funds | CEO
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
About AngelList & Belltower Funds:
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced CEO to lead the team at Belltower through its corporate transformation to operating as an independent company. This person will develop and deliver on a strategic vision, in partnership with senior leaders from AngelList, that enables Belltower’s continued growth and expansion of its services. The CEO of Belltower will be a hands-on leader overseeing day-to-day operations, including managing and supporting the team across functions, driving operational excellence, and identifying areas for improvement. This will include ensuring Belltower maintains and continually improves its scalability, efficiency, resiliency, and quality of client experience for its fund clients.
- Oversee the ongoing operations of all divisions within Belltower, ensuring adequate and documented service targets for fund customers.
- Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization
- Increasing profitability and improving service quality through data driven staffing and process improvements.
- Acting as primary liaison with Belltower’s parent company, AngelList, as a provider of technology and infrastructure enabling Belltower’s efficient services delivery and outsourced administrative services.
- Provide executive oversight and review of tax, financial and investor reporting. This includes final responsibility for review and approval of work paper support, fair values, and documentation for fund reporting where appropriate.
- Ensure internal controls are properly designed, implemented, and documented. Also, to oversee the implementation of annual SOC-1 testing and reporting.
- You have a founder mentality; you are ready to step into the CEO role with a fresh perspective and drive Belltower towards new versions of itself.
- Familiarity with the private fund administration industry
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations
- Strong problem-solving skills. You enjoy taking complex issues and turning them into actionable next steps
- Proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Belltower Funds is a remote-first entity. This position is fully remote for anyone in the United States.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you have the option to work from.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.