Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Please note this is an account management role and not an investing role. The expectation is that individuals will stay in the role for ~2 years.
Venture Associates at AngelList are the main point of contact for our clients, General Partners. In this role, you will own the relationship with GPs, coordinate fund investments on behalf of your clients, and serve as a trusted partner in all aspects of running the operations side of their venture business. Internally, you will collaborate with sales, product, legal, finance, operations, and tax teams to enhance platform efficiency and tackle client challenges. This is a customer-facing role that provides a unique opportunity to work directly with the world’s top-tier and emerging fund managers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a sophisticated client-facing role. We’re looking for individuals with strong intellectual horsepower, robust problem-solving methodologies, and the ability to navigate high-stakes challenges. Key competencies for this role include superb communication skills and a knack for navigating ambiguity.
- Deliver an exceptional client experience through accurate, concise, and action-oriented communications with GPs, their investors, and portfolio companies
- Act as a product expert for fund managers — helping them navigate technical infrastructure questions related to fund structuring, fund data, financial reporting, and investor management
- Rapidly troubleshoot GP pain points and innovate on internal processes and product capabilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to continuously surface new solutions for our GPs
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech
- Experience navigating rapid change in a high-growth environment
- Superb attention to detail — you need to be able to catch the edge case every time
- A deep love of startups and passion for understanding the infrastructure of venture finance
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Confidential 2023
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.