Investment Operations Specialist
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2022
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
As an Investment Operations Specialist, you will undertake all activities required to make new investments and become an expert on our AngelList platform. This position will report to one of our Investment Operations Leads and you do not need previous financial or investment experience or context.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and structured thinker who will provide exceptional service to our GPs and LPs behind the scenes by making their experience using our platform seamless. The successful launch of a fundraising campaign requires the coordination of multiple systems and teams (including legal, portfolio operations, venture associates, and more) and in this role, you will be expected to execute workflows and project manage all activities related to new investment set up.
- Review investment memos and documents for consistency and compliance.
- Record investment data.
- Set up Fundraising Campaigns: ensuring settings are correct in our system, tagging data, and double-checking fund documents for accuracy.
- Drive the fundraising process by working with primarily internal team members, identifying & fixing ops roadblocks.
- Project manage signature processes with companies and investors.
- Review investment documents for key terms and assist with deploying capital to portfolio companies.
- Track and leverage data and analytics to improve processes and workflows.
- Assist customers with general issues and review identity documentation for our KYC/AML processes.
- Process and manage post-close actions and distributions related to past investments made on the AngelList platform.
- Manage a central repository of processes and identify opportunities to promote effective operations.
- 2+ years in a product support or operations role, ideally at a tech company
- Superb attention to detail - you need to be able to catch the corner case every time
- Exceptional organizational skills and a love of process
- Understanding of core financial concepts and a strong interest in the nuts and bolts of venture finance. Your day-to-day will touch on the legal, accounting, tax, and finance components that underlie the venture financing ecosystem
- Great attitude with the ability to embrace change as we continually improve products and processes
- A deep love of startups
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.