Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022
About the role:
We are hiring a Marketing Copywriter who has demonstrated success in writing best-in-class copy for the startup and venture capital industry by building a loyal audience and embodying a sales mindset in their work.
Our community consists of startup founders, fund managers, and both individual and institutional investors. We started by building a platform that makes forming and managing venture funds a breeze for both fund managers and investors. Now, we’re launching full-stack solutions that get founders started, from incorporation and equity management to banking, while also giving more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy.
- understand our customers and business deeply, and you focus on growing our business through your words; you are a salesperson
- write copy that compresses complex thoughts into impactful and memorable statements; you are an editor, and are reductive in your approach
- you write words that people want to share and repeat, and that other companies copy because they are so good; you set industry standards; you are a poet
- brand voice & tone guidelines
- writing for all AngelList owned channels
- writing for Twitter
- inventing new positioning for AngelList’s products
- defining success metrics
- exceeding success metrics
- ensuring brand and marketing voice and tone are appropriately expressed in product
- partnering across the company to help other leaders exceed their goals
- 5-7 years of experience in-house at a fast-growing startup in the venture capital space
- a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem, and venture capital topics
- tangible demonstrations of outsized impact
- an ability to make otherwise complicated topics super easy-to-understand
- an ownership mindset, and the ability to work creatively and autonomously in a fast-changing environment
Please submit the following with your application. Applications without submissions will not be considered.
- Writing samples
- Your Twitter handle
- Examples of your writing that has been shared broadly or copied
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Remote-friendly culture: AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you can choose to work from. We have an incredibly remote-friendly culture with the vast majority of the team choosing to work remotely 3+ days of the week. You can choose how often you’d like to come into the office!
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at AngelList
Something looks off?