Director of Clinical Operations (Director of Nursing)
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
In 2020, unpaid family caregivers provided an estimated 34+ billion hours of care, worth over $470 billion to the economy. COVID-19 devastated our care infrastructure, and millions left the workforce to provide care in home. As baby boomers age into retirement and increase demand for home care services, quality care becomes harder for families to find and afford. Now more than ever, families are compelled to provide increasingly complex care in the home as a safer, more affordable option for long-term care.
At Aidaly, we're on a mission to reimagine in-home care for our most vulnerable populations. Our unique model puts family caregivers at the center of care delivery and addresses SDoH from within the household. Aidaly provides family caregivers with the training, support, and compensation they need to deliver high-quality care in the home. With a combination of technology & human support, Aidaly’s platform empowers families to keep their loved ones living in their homes and communities longer while filling a critical homecare workforce need.
We’re backed with $8.5m in Seed funding from a world-class group of investors, including SevenSevenSix, Scribble Ventures, Operator Partners, Primetime Partners, Precursor, and many angels with deep fintech and healthcare experiences.
We seek an entrepreneurial Director of Clinical Operations (Director of Nursing) to oversee and manage Aidaly's clinical operations starting with our Miami location. The Director will provide our clinical staff leadership, direction, and supervision, ensuring professional development of staff. We value leveraging technology to improve caregiver-centered programming, high-quality patient care, operational efficiency, and compliance with regulatory standards. We are looking for an innovative, ambitious team member who can grow with us and who is motivated by challenging the status quo.
What you will do
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the clinical operations of our Miami location
- Conduct home visits to administer competency exams and assessments for creating a plan of care
- Develop and implement clinical programs, policies, and procedures that ensure the delivery of high-quality care and compliance with regulatory requirements, including Medicare, Medicaid, and other payers
- Supervise and mentor the clinical staff, including nurses, therapists, and other clinicians, to ensure they provide exceptional patient care and maintain professional standards
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of clinical documentation, including assessments, care plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries
- Collaborate with other departments and individuals, including finance, human resources, and marketing, to ensure the site's success and growth
- Monitor and analyze clinical performance metrics, such as patient outcomes, quality measures, and patient satisfaction, and develop improvement plans
- Develop and manage budgets, resource allocation, and other financial aspects of clinical operations to ensure the site's financial sustainability
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and accreditation standards
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a related field
- Spanish speaker preferred
- Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse license in Florida
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in home care clinical operations, including at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Strong clinical knowledge and expertise in the care of the homebound patient population
- Understanding of provisions for family caregivers under Medicaid state waiver programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to analyze data, develop and implement strategic plans, and make decisions based on evidence and best practices
- Ability to travel to various locations within the region as needed
- Opportunities for internal promotion as Aidaly scales to new markets
At Aidaly, we offer competitive compensation and equity incentives. As a member of team Aidaly, you will have the opportunity to drive impact in your community and gain exposure to all functions of a growing business. Our team is high output and high trust; we care deeply about each other and invest in each other's growth and development.
If you take pride in getting things done, have healthy and positive communication skills, and have a passion for helping underserved families, we encourage you to apply.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Aidaly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.